On 1-13 August 2017, regarding the invite associated with Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organisations (AFUO), Ukrainian World Congress (UWC) President Eugene Czolij along with his partner Anna fulfilled their very very first stop by at Australia, during that he visited Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane and Hobart to provide present Ukrainian dilemmas to Australian governing authorities and strengthen ties with all the local Ukrainian Churches and community.
Eugene Czolij received awareness of the good developments in Ukraine, that will be earnestly reforming, modernizing and corruption that is combatting while offering great possibilities for financial development.
The UWC President thanked Australia for supporting Ukraine in countering Russian aggression, which is a global threat, and urged Australia to provide further support to Ukraine in protecting its territorial integrity. The UWC President encouraged the Prime Minister of Australia to visit Ukraine, and underlined the importance of an active Australia-Ukraine Parliamentary Group and its Chair visiting Ukraine during the meetings with Australian high-ranking government officials that took place on 7 and 9 August 2017 in Canberra, and 1 and 10 August 2017 in Melbourne. The UWC President was accompanied by UWC Secretary-General and Chairman of AFUO Stefan Romaniw during these meetings. The Ambassador of Ukraine to Australia Mykola Kulinich additionally participated into the conferences in Canberra.
1 August 2017, Melbourne
- Had a gathering using the President for the Council that is legislative pop over to these guys of Bruce Atkinson plus the Speaker regarding the Legislative construction of Victoria Brooks Colin; and
- Had a gathering with people in the AFUO Board and community leaders in Melbourne arranged by UWC Secretary-General and AFUO Chairman Stefan Romaniw.
2-3August 2017, Perth
- Addressed the Ukrainian community of Perth during a gathering arranged by the Ukrainian Association of Western Australia, headed by its President Mykola Mowczan;
- Checked out St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Church, where he talked about regional Ukrainian religious life with the parish priest, Father Ihor Holovko; and
- Checked out St. Nicholas Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
4 2017, Adelaide august
- Had a tour that is guided of Museum of Ukrainian Art associated with Ukrainian ladies’ Association of Southern Australia, supplied by its President Irena Boujenko;
- Visited the Ukrainian Community Centre of this Association of Ukrainians in South Australia, like the Ukrainian college and a course regarding the Yevshan children’s dance ensemble; and
- Addressed the Ukrainian community of Adelaide during a gathering arranged because of the Association of Ukrainians in South Australia, headed by its President Jaroslaw Fursenko. This system included a testing regarding the brief documentary movie “50 several years of the Ukrainian World Congress” and shows by neighborhood Ukrainian performers.
- Checked out Kniahynia Olha Ukrainian Central class, where he talked because of the pupils;
- Visited the Ukrainian Community Hall regarding the Ukrainian Association of Sydney;
- Visited the parish Ukrainian college at St. Andrew’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, where he talked utilizing the pupils;
- Met with all the parish priest of St. Andrew’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, Fr. Simon Ckuj, who’s also the Vicar General regarding the Eparchy of Sts. Peter and Paul regarding the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Australia;
- Visited the Intercession associated with Holy Virgin Ukrainian Orthodox Church, where he came across utilizing the Chairman regarding the Parish Council Wolodymyr Woytowycz;
- Attended Divine Liturgy at St. Andrew’s Ukrainian Catholic Church;
- Addressed the Ukrainian Youth Association in Sydney in the Ukrainian Youth Centre; and
- Delivered a keynote target within a banquet specialized in the UWC’s 50 th anniversary organized by the Ukrainian Council of the latest Southern Wales, headed by its President Mark Shumsky.
7 2017, Canberra august
- Had a gathering aided by the Ambassador of Ukraine to Australia Mykola Kulinich;
- Had conferences because of the Speaker for the House of Representatives of AustraliaTony Smith; and Senator, Assistant Minister for personal Services and Multicultural Affairs of Australia(on behalf for the Prime Minister of Australia)Zed Seselja;
- Compensated respect to your victims regarding the Holodomor during the Memorial within their memory;
- Checked out St. Nicholas UkrainianAutocephalous Orthodox Church as well as the Ukrainian Orthodox Centre, where he came across featuring its Director Fr. Michael Solomko, that is additionally the relative head regarding the Consistory for the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Australia and New Zealand; and
- Met with Fr. Wolodymyr Kalinecki of St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Church.
8 2017, Brisbane august
- Met with Fr. Stefan Sapun of y Our Lady the Protectress Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church;
- Met with Fr. Mykola Serdiuk of St. Nicholas Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church; and
- Addressed the community that is ukrainian Brisbane during a gathering arranged because of the Ukrainian Community of Queensland, headed by its President Stephan Chomyn.
9 August 2017, Canberra
- Had meetings with person in Parliament, seat regarding the Australia-Ukraine Parliamentary Groupand seat associated with the Foreign Affairs and Aid SubcommitteeChris Crewther; Senator, Vice seat for the Australia-Ukraine Parliamentary GroupCatryna Bilyk; Chief of Staff, workplace associated with Minister for Foreign Affairs of AustraliaMurray Hansen; and Assistant Secretary for Northern, Southern & Eastern European countries Branch, Department of Foreign Affairs and Tradeof AustraliaKevin Magee; and
- Delivered a general general general general public lecture during the Centre for European Studies for the Australian National University on the subject “EU attitudes towards previous Warsaw Pact states and previous republics” that is soviet.
10 2017, Melbourne august
- Had a gathering utilizing the Minister for Multicultural Affairsof Victoria Robin Scott; and
- Talked during the roundtable entitled “The UWC at 50 and past: the Australian context” at the Mykola Zerov Centre for Ukrainian Studies at Monash University.
11 2017, Hobart august
- Addressed the Ukrainian community in Hobart during a gathering arranged by the Association of Ukrainians in Tasmania, headed by its President Maryna Ladaniwskyj.
12-13 2017, Melbourne august
- Checked out the Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Ukrainian parish college, where he talked aided by the pupils;
- Met with all the Eparch of this Greek that is ukrainian Catholic and person in the UWC Board of Directors Bishop Peter Stasiuk;
- Delivered a keynote target from the priorities associated with the UWC as well as its primary future goals during a gala commemorative banquet devoted towards the UWC’s 50 th anniversary together with 26 th anniversary of Ukraine’s independency arranged by the AFUO together with Association of Ukrainians in Victoria;
- Attended Divine Liturgy at Sts. Peter and Paul’s Cathedral; and
- Visited St. Mary Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Cathedral in Essendon and paid respect into the victims associated with Holodomor during the Memorial within their memory situated on the territory associated with Cathedral.
UWC Secretary-General and Chairman of AFUO Stefan Romaniw accompanied UWC President Eugene Czolij during their visits to Canberra and Melbourne.
“On behalf regarding the Ukrainian World Congress I express my appreciation to your Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organizations headed by its Chairman Stefan Romaniw for arranging the stop by at Australia, which enabled the presentation of essential Ukrainian dilemmas to government that is high-ranking and strengthened UWC ties with regional Ukrainian communities” – stated UWC President Eugene Czolij.
S. Romaniw and (first from right) welcomes E. Czolij and their wife A. Czolij (at left) in the banquet in Melbourne. L. Slipetsky at the center